In order to maintain accurate records, patients cannot be deleted from within GramTracker; however, they can be made inactive so that they are excluded when searching by name or exporting patient data.
To flag a user as inactive:
- Go to the Patients screen and search for the patient record:
- Select Edit for the patient:
- Scroll to the bottom, uncheck Patient Is Active, and click Save:
Now that this user is inactive, he won’t appear in patient export data, and searching for him by name will fail:
Should you wish to reactivate this patient, you may do so at any time by doing the following:
- Navigate to Patients, Inactive Patients:
- Search for the patient in question, then select edit for that patient:
- Scroll to the bottom, check Patient Is Active, and click Save:
This user will now be restored to Active status, allowing you to search and export patient data normally.
Note: Users flagged as inactive are still searchable using driver’s license and can still have orders filled. If a past and returning patient does not appear when searching by name, check for an inactive patient file before creating a new one.