Patient Groups and Best Practice for OLCC Licenses Oregon Best Practice Video.mp4
As of October 1, recreational dispensaries will, in addition to normal recreational sales, be able to sell “higher strength” products to patients with an OMMP registry card. Again, we recommend using the following workflows:
- Separate medical patients from recreational customers using patient groups. This will give you the ability to set separate limits for each category of product applicable to the different patient groups.
- To do this, navigate toAdmin, Customize Lists.
- Patient Groupswill appear toward the bottom of the list.
- To add a patient group, clickAdd terms, or click List terms to see a list of existing patient groups.
- A new patient group record will ask for aTerm name, which will appear as the group’s name wherever applicable. It also provides a field to Upload an Image, which will appear as a 16x16 icon next to any patients in queue assigned to it.
- When record creation or any changes are complete, click theSave button.
- Next, you’ll want to assign a group with a customer record, as well as Tax Exempt for Medical
- To assign a group to a customer record, navigate to the customer record’s edit page. The Group drop down next to the name will allow you to select from all patient groups created in the system.
- Mark each OMMP patient’s customer profile as tax exempt as they are not required to pay the recreational tax.
- To do so, simply navigate to the patient record in question and select Edit. Beneath the field for Tax Exemption in the patient record, click Exempt From Sales Tax.
- When record changes are complete, click theSave button
As of October 1, Oregon OLCC Licenses are required to charge a 17% retail marijuana tax for all marijuana products. All Medical Patients will be considered tax exempt.
First, you’ll want to change your tax rates:
- Go to Admin>Rates>Rates
- Enter in New Tax Rate by click on Add Tax Rate
- Name Tax Rate
- Rate must be entered as decimal - .17
- Make sure to select all categories that this tax rate will be assigned to
- Click submit
Next, you’ll want to edit your tax profile:
- Go to Admin>Rates>Tax Profiles
- Click on Edit with corresponding Profile Name
- Add on New Tax Rate under Tax Name, and REMOVE THE OLD TAX RATE*
*We Recommend Changing Tax Rates and Tax Profiles after The Close of Business
When setting up product types, make sure you are following OLCC Product Naming Convention, and that you are using the State Assigned Nomenclature (ie, Cannabinoid Topical, Cannabinoid Edible, Medical Grade, etc.).**
- Admin>Customize Lists>Product Types -List Terms>Add Term (Or edit)
Once Product Types have been added or edited, you will want to associate product types to catalog types for reporting purposes and to define patient group limits (i.e, Recreational Patient Groups are set to 0 for Medical Grade Product).
- Admin>Customize List> Terms for Catalog
- Navigate into the Name of Product Type>Edit
- Scroll Down to Transaction Limit
- Select the defined Patient Group (Rec or Med)
- Set the Transactional Limits*
- Set the Limit Type (Block)
- Click Update Limit before switching to next item.
- If you do not want a patient group to purchase a product (medical grade for rec patients, make sure all limit boxes are set to “0”).
- If creating NEW terms for higher strength medical products, and are batch tracked, click “This Product Contains MMJ”.
- Make sure to update product type at bottom, click save.
*MJ Freeway offers three options for Limits. Weight Limit which is associated with Bulk Product, Unit Limit will apply to count based unit of measure, and MIP Limit Is any product with simple pricing type and simple inventory tracking type that also have “THIS IS A MARIJUANA INFUSED PRODUCT”
**For Information on OLCC Product Types, please follow this link: https://www.oregon.gov/olcc/marijuana/Documents/Packaging_Labeling/PackagingandLabelingGuide_V2.pdf
Reporting: Oregon Transfer In and Transfer Out
Reports>Report Center>Oregon Reports
- Click on hyperlink
- Select date range and the patient group that you are looking for
- Transfer In – shows all purchase orders/product types
- Transfer Out – card number for medical patients, Product Type, Amount
METRC Integration and METRC Product ID Tags METRC Tags.mp4
Entering METRC ID into Existing Inventory
- Navigate to Inventory>Products>Stock Level
- Click Edit to edit package information for that product
- Scan or manually enter in your METRC ID into the Additional Package ID Field
- Make sure to hit save and move onto the next product
Entering METRC ID For New Inventory via Purchase Order
- Navigate to Inventory>Receiving Order>Create a Receiving Order
- When selecting product type, follow basic work flow, including batch info
- Enter in METRC ID in Additional ID Field (located to the right of Package ID Field)
- Make sure to hit save
Once All METRC Product Tags have been entered, MJ Freeway will manually turn on your METRC Integration API. Once the METRC API is turned on, you will seamlessly be able to send necessary information to METRC and the OLCC. Support can be contacted at 888-932-6537, EXT 1 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.