04.02.01. Active Products
Transfer inventory from BULK item to SIMPLE inventory item
If you want to transfer inventory from a BULK inventory item to a SIMPLE inventory item, this document can help you.
Company X wants to build 5 joints. They want to use inventory from Bulk Product A, and keep track of how many joints they have in Simple Product B.
1. Log into your system
2. Navigate to INVENTORY > PRODUCTS > ACTIVE PRODUCTS
3. Under the ACTIVE PRODUCTS tab, select "Add a New Product".
4. You should be at INVENTORY > PRODUCTS > ACTIVE PRODUCTS > CREATE PRODUCT.
5. Create your simple inventory item (Product B) for your joints. Choose simple pricing, and set your prices. You won't have any inventory in this product yet.
6. Find your Bulk inventory item (Product A). Calculate how much of product A you need to make your 5 joints.
7. Click "Adjust Inventory":
- Action: Remove from Inventory
- Amount to Adjust: This is the amount you calculated in step #3
- You can select the adjustment reason and any notes.
- Click the "Apply Adjustment" button
8. Go to your Simple Inventory item, go to "Inventory" >> "Products"
- Click "Adjust inventory":
- Action: Add to Inventory
- Amount to Adjust: This is going to be "5" (this is for the 5 joints that you calculated you could make with the BULK product)
- You can specify the price per item, the adjustment reason, and any notes.
- Click the "Apply Adjustment" reason
Now, when an order is created, you can use the Simple Inventory item you created, and you will be able to track the number of joints sold and remaining.