*All items displayed with an on page hyperlink (green, underlined text in MJ Freeway software) will put the order list associated in the search orders page. By clicking on the hyperlink, you will be taken to a new page for each order list you select. When selecting the hyperlink, we suggest right click the link and open in a new tab/window.
**Note: Due to the compliance needs of different locations, terminology may vary from one site to the next. In the following section, its common to refer to patients as customers, orders as visits, sales as contributions, and vice versa.
06.02.01.A. Sales Summary (Summary) / Contributions Summary
The purpose of this article is to provide a summary and definitions for the data contained within this report.
Navigate to: Reports > Sales > Summary
SALES DATA: These will be broken down into 'Number of Orders', 'Total revenue', and 'Average Order'.
- Today (date): Based off of current business day sales; broken down by number of orders, total revenue, and average order for that day.
- Yesterday, (date): Based off of yesterdays' business day sales; broken down by number of orders, total revenue, and average order for that day.
- Month-to-date (date): Based off current month-to-date business sales; broken down by number of orders, total revenue, and average order for that day.
When clicking the hyperlink for one or all of the above reports, you will be taken to this screen below.
- Daily Average (date): Based off current month daily average business sales; broken down by number of orders, total revenue, and average order for that day.
- Projected totals (date): Based off of your daily order average for that complete month; broken down by number of orders, total revenue, and average order for that day.
- Grant total sales: Cumulative sales from initiation of your MJ Freeway site.
- Active Patients Total: Grand total of active patients in the data base.
- Patients today: completed orders for the day.
TOTAL ORDERS BY STATUS: Representative of your order status names.
- Refund Completed
- Payment received
- Online Unprocessed
- POS In Progress
- In checkout
- POS Canceled
- POS Completed
By selecting each of these hyperlinks you will be taken to the 'Orders' screen (shown below).
Some of our clients may need to quickly calculate the amount of their non-taxable sales within a given timeframe.
Doing so is easy, simply by comparing two existing reports within the system.
Simply take any report that shows you the total sales for the period you wish, such as the Reports > Sales/Contributions > Transaction , or the Reports > Sales/Contributions Summary report as shown below:
We can then compare this to the Reports > Sales Tax report to see a total of our taxable sales
To find our Non-Taxable sales, we just have to add our Total Taxable Amount to our Total Tax Collected, then subtract that from our Total Revenue on our Sales Summary.
In our example:
$10.00 + $0.75 = $10.75
$20.75 - $10.75 = $10.00
So our total Non-Taxable sales were $10.00
If needed, we can then calculate sales tax on this Non-Taxable amount by multiplying the Non-Taxable sales by any of our sales tax rates. For example, if my City tax rate is 2.5%, we take :
$10.00 x 0.025 = $0.25
So city sales tax on my Non-Taxable sales would have been $0.25.